Your Business Association
East Tamaki is a critical part of New Zealand's economic fabric
East Tamaki is a manufacturing and distribution hub of some 2,000 businesses strategically located close to the motorway, airport and port, generating:
- $3 billion for the New Zealand economy each year;
- $19 million in rates, and
- 30,000 jobs with projected jobs of 45,000 on completion of Highbrook Business Park
GETBA's role is to make it easier for you to do business by:
- Advocating for business and property owners in the economic development of East Tamaki
- Providing a conduit to business support, resources, education and networking
- Enhancing the safety and security of East Tamaki
- Promoting the area as a great place to do business and to work
GETBA operates with a committee of East Tamaki business representatives and an executive staff consisting of a General Manager, Operations Manager, Marketing, Communications & Events Manager and Administrator.
GETBA was founded in 1994 and operated for 15 years as a voluntary subscription-based organisation. In 2009, business and property owners in the GETBA area voted to invest in improvements to enhance the local business environment and economic growth of the area by adopting the Business Improvement District (BID) programme, funded by a targeted rate collected by Auckland Council. The BID partnership programme does not replicate services provided by Council, but channels the capabilities and knowledge of the private sector to improve economic outcomes and achieve common goals.
The GETBA area is shown on the map below.
> Click here to enlarge.